Friday, May 11, 2012
MISH: TOP ORWELLIAN COMMENTS OF ALL-TIME
I'm with you there Baldy!!!
From Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis Blog:
Eagle Baseball Club Recommended Reading List for Baseball & Softball Excellence
- 52 Week Baseball Training by Gene Coleman
- Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription by Vivian Heyward
- Athletic Body in Balance by Gray Cook
- Athletic Development by Vern Gambetta
- Complete Conditioning for Baseball by Steve Tamborra
- Expert Performance in Sports by Starkes and Ericsson
- Measurement & Evaluation in Human Performance by Morrow, Jackson, Disch & Mood
- Norms for Fitness, Performance and Health by Jay Hoffman
- Sports Speed - 3rd Edition by George Dintiman & Robert Ward
- Sports Talent by Jim Brown
- The Softball Coaching Bible by National Fastpitch Coaching Association
- Total Training for Young Champions by Tudor Bompa
Eagle Baseball Club Recommended Products List
- Baseball Success Secrets by Dr. Tom Hanson
- Keep Your Eye on the Ball: The Science and Folklore of Baseball by Robert G. Watts and A. Terry Bahill
- Mindset: The New Psychology for Success by Dr. Carol Dweck
- Talent is Overrated by Geoff Colvin
- The Genius in all of Us by David Shenk
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
Giants Top Minor League Prospects
- 1. Tyler Beede 6-4, 215 RHP from Vanderbilt projects as top of the rotation starter when he works out his command/control issues. When he misses, he misses by a bunch.
- 2. Chris Shaw 6-3. 230 1B Lefty power bat, limited defensively to 1B, Matt Adams comp?
- 3. Bryan Reynolds 6-2, 210 OF Switch hitter with average speed and polished hitting approach. Fits Giants mold of high-floor, low-ceiling prospects.
- 4. Stephen Duggar 6-1, 170 CF Another toolsy, under-achieving OF in the Gary Brown mold, hoping for better results.
- 5. Sandro Fabian 6-0, 180 OF Dominican signee from 2014, shows some pop in his bat. Below average arm and lack of speed should push him towards LF.
- 6. Aramis Garcia 6-2, 220 C from Florida INTL projects as a good bat behind the dish with enough defensive skill to play there long-term
- 7. Heliot Ramos 6-2, 185 OF Potential high-ceiling player the Giants have been looking for. Great bat speed, early returns were impressive.
- 8. Garrett Williams 6-1, 205 LHP Former Oklahoma standout, Giants prototype, low-ceiling, high-floor prospect.
- 9. Heath Quinn 6-2, 190 OF Strong hitter, makes contact with improving approach at the plate. Returns from hamate bone injury.
- 10. Seth Corry 6-2 195 LHP Highly regard HS pick. Was mentioned as possible chip in high profile trades.
- 11. Jacob Gonzalez 6-3, 190 3B Good pedigree, impressive bat for HS prospect.
- 12. C.J. Hinojosa 5-10, 175 SS Scrappy IF prospect in the mold of Kelby Tomlinson, just gets it done.
- 13. Shaun Anderson 6-4, 225 RHP Large frame, 3.36 K/BB rate. Can start or relieve
- 14. Garett Cave 6-4, 200 RHP He misses a lot of bats and at times, the plate. 13 K/9 an 5 B/9. Wild thing.
2018 MLB Draft - Top National HS Players
- 1. Ethan Hankins 6-6, 215 RHP Forsyth Central HS (GA) Mi 90's FB tops at 96-98, plus breaking ball. Vanderbilt commit.
- 2. Kumar Rocker 6-5, 250 RHP North Oconee HS (GA) Heavy 98 FB, sharp mid 90's slider. Vanderbilt commit.
- 3. Matthew Liberatore 6-5, 200 LHP Mountain Ridge HS (AZ) High 3/4 arm slot, 91-93 FB tops at 95, with good feel for pitching. Arizona commit.
- 4. Slade Cecconi 6-4, 195 RHP Trinity Prep HS (FL) High 90's FB tops at 97, with mid 80's breaking ball. Miami commit.
- 5. Carter Stewart 6-6, 200 RHP Eau Galle HS (FL) Highest spin rate breaking ball in draft. Mississippi State commit.
- 6. Luke Bartnicki 6-3, 210 LHP Walton HS (GA) Low 90's FB with command, workable slider. Georgia Tech commit.
2018 Top MLB College Draft Prospects
- 1. Brady Singer 6-5, 200 RHP Florida Sergio Romo-esque slider from whippy low 3/4 arm slot. Mid 90's FB, sharp slider and change-up. 3.4 K/BB rate.
- 2. Casey Mize 6-3, 210 RHP Auburn Forearm issues, 96 FB with split/slider mix, 6.2 K/BB ratio.
- 3. Logan Gilbert 6-6, 205 RHP Stetson Loose arm action, 3 pitch mix, 93-96 FB 3.2 K/BB.
- 4. Ryan Rollison 6-3, 200 LHP Mississippi Smooth delivery from 3/4 arm slot, 89-93 FB tops at 94/95. Late 1st, early 2nd rounder. 2.8 K/BB rate.
- 5. Shane McClanahan 6-1, 175 LHP South Florida Thin build, 3/4 arm slot, tall and fall delivery. 93/96 FB range. 3.0 K/BB rate.