Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Zito has chance to pull Giants even with Reds - Yahoo! Sports
Giants season is still alive due to an IF hit. Somehow that seems very appropriate. Zito gets the ball with a chance to put it in Cain's hand.
from Yahoo Sports:
Zito has chance to pull Giants even with Reds - Yahoo! Sports:
"Joaquin Arias hit the ball, put his head down and ran. All he knew was that the Giants' season depended upon how fast he made it to first.
''That's the fastest I've ever run to first,'' the infielder said."
'via Blog this'
Eagle Baseball Club Recommended Reading List for Baseball & Softball Excellence
- 52 Week Baseball Training by Gene Coleman
- Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription by Vivian Heyward
- Athletic Body in Balance by Gray Cook
- Athletic Development by Vern Gambetta
- Complete Conditioning for Baseball by Steve Tamborra
- Expert Performance in Sports by Starkes and Ericsson
- Measurement & Evaluation in Human Performance by Morrow, Jackson, Disch & Mood
- Norms for Fitness, Performance and Health by Jay Hoffman
- Sports Speed - 3rd Edition by George Dintiman & Robert Ward
- Sports Talent by Jim Brown
- The Softball Coaching Bible by National Fastpitch Coaching Association
- Total Training for Young Champions by Tudor Bompa
Eagle Baseball Club Recommended Products List
- Baseball Success Secrets by Dr. Tom Hanson
- Keep Your Eye on the Ball: The Science and Folklore of Baseball by Robert G. Watts and A. Terry Bahill
- Mindset: The New Psychology for Success by Dr. Carol Dweck
- Talent is Overrated by Geoff Colvin
- The Genius in all of Us by David Shenk
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
Giants Top Minor League Prospects
- 1. Joey Bart 6-2, 215 C Power arm and a power bat, playing a premium defensive position. Good catch and throw skills.
- 2. Heliot Ramos 6-2, 185 OF Potential high-ceiling player the Giants have been looking for. Great bat speed, early returns were impressive.
- 3. Chris Shaw 6-3. 230 1B Lefty power bat, limited defensively to 1B, Matt Adams comp?
- 4. Tyler Beede 6-4, 215 RHP from Vanderbilt projects as top of the rotation starter when he works out his command/control issues. When he misses, he misses by a bunch.
- 5. Stephen Duggar 6-1, 170 CF Another toolsy, under-achieving OF in the Gary Brown mold, hoping for better results.
- 6. Sandro Fabian 6-0, 180 OF Dominican signee from 2014, shows some pop in his bat. Below average arm and lack of speed should push him towards LF.
- 7. Aramis Garcia 6-2, 220 C from Florida INTL projects as a good bat behind the dish with enough defensive skill to play there long-term
- 8. Heath Quinn 6-2, 190 OF Strong hitter, makes contact with improving approach at the plate. Returns from hamate bone injury.
- 9. Garrett Williams 6-1, 205 LHP Former Oklahoma standout, Giants prototype, low-ceiling, high-floor prospect.
- 10. Shaun Anderson 6-4, 225 RHP Large frame, 3.36 K/BB rate. Can start or relieve
- 11. Jacob Gonzalez 6-3, 190 3B Good pedigree, impressive bat for HS prospect.
- 12. Seth Corry 6-2 195 LHP Highly regard HS pick. Was mentioned as possible chip in high profile trades.
- 13. C.J. Hinojosa 5-10, 175 SS Scrappy IF prospect in the mold of Kelby Tomlinson, just gets it done.
- 14. Garett Cave 6-4, 200 RHP He misses a lot of bats and at times, the plate. 13 K/9 an 5 B/9. Wild thing.
2019 MLB Draft - Top HS Draft Prospects
- 1. Bobby Witt, Jr. 6-1,185 SS Colleyville Heritage HS (TX) Oklahoma commit. Outstanding defensive SS who can hit. 6.4 speed in 60 yd. Touched 97 on mound. Son of former major leaguer. Five tool potential.
- 2. Riley Greene 6-2, 190 OF Haggerty HS (FL) Florida commit.Best HS hitting prospect. LH bat with good eye, plate discipline and developing power.
- 3. C.J. Abrams 6-2, 180 SS Blessed Trinity HS (GA) High-ceiling athlete. 70 speed with plus arm. Hitting needs to develop as he matures. Alabama commit.
- 4. Reece Hinds 6-4, 210 SS Niceville HS (FL) Power bat, committed to LSU. Plus arm, solid enough bat to move to 3B down the road. 98MPH arm.
- 5. Daniel Espino 6-3, 200 RHP Georgia Premier Academy (GA) LSU commit. Touches 98 on FB with wipe out SL.
2019 MLB Draft - Top College Draft Prospects
- 1. Adley Rutschman C Oregon State Plus defender with great arm. Excellent receiver plus a switch hitter with some pop in the bat.
- 2. Shea Langliers C Baylor Excelent throw and catch skills with good pop time. Quick bat, uses all fields approach with some pop.
- 3. Zack Thompson 6-2 LHP Kentucky Missed time with an elbow issue. FB up to 95 with plenty of secondary stuff.
- 4. Matt Wallner 6-5 OF Southern Miss Run producing bat plus mid to upper 90's FB closer. Power bat from the left side, athletic for size.
- 5. Nick Lodolo LHP TCU Tall LHP, 95MPH FB and solid breaking stuff.